Thursday 2 June 2016

June 2, 2016

Bob: Another normal Thursday evening: first we eat dinner, then get groceries and finish the night by washing clothes. It will be nice to get a washer/dryer in our apartment in Haileybury so we can alter our Thursday night schedule. Now at least we are freed up for Friday night.
The FM Group is having our office deep cleaned tomorrow. Tonight is the first time I have had a completely empty desktop since I arrived in Canada. And there is nothing on the floor in my office either. Maybe I should take a picture in the morning.
Got Eric Clapton back on YouTube tonight. Really enjoy some his songs. My favorite is "Wonderful Tonight". It only has over 35 Million views.
I think we have a game night planned for tomorrow night. Cannons, Ericksons, and Youngbergs are coming here for an evening of games.
Talked to Penske truck today. I think we'll rent one of their trucks for our move. Going to stop this Saturday and see how big of one we need. They are just down the street from us.
Well I am going to close for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend planned. Love to everyone and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: We deep-cleaned Bob's office today. It will look so much better when everything is back in place after they clean the carpets tomorrow. His office seems to be the "catch-all" for any extra stuff from the apartments. Tonight we took some of it to the storage hut, and some of it to the garbage bin and some of it to Salvation Army. Sister Erickson and I cleaned up all of the office--really she did most of it. I hope they clean the carpets in our office first before the rest of the meeting house tomorrow. That way we can be back to work sooner. Bob put two large storage boxes and 130 smoke detectors on the ledge above my desk so I can't even see out. I'll be glad when they are put back into his office.
Today I took care of four things that make me grumpy: Canada customs is now charging us for the name-tags we receive from the Provo MTC. The outfit that prints our cards for the language classes didn't deliver them on time, after I paid extra so I asked for our money back. Then I had to call UPS to be sure they will still be our broker. We were suspended for awhile because of an unpaid parcel. Lastly, I had to call SL about our Ensign deliveries. They  have not sent our foreign language ones. That seems to be taken care of for now anyway. But, I have a very big problem to take care of next--an important package for one of our missionaries has been lost. This makes me just sick. All of us have been praying that it would be found, but we haven't heard that this is so.
This would not have been a very good day except that my sister Bette sent us a package that is wonderful. She started a scrapbook for us about our mission! It's full of pictures that we took when they were visiting the end of March. There is lots of room to add more, which we will do from now on. It is so beautiful! I love it! It has really cheered me up.
Good night everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment