Wednesday 22 June 2016

June 22, 2016

Bob: Things are a little slow at work. Elder Wolfley is driving the boat!! I'll have time to go to the bank that's for sure. Another beautiful day weatherwise.
Stopped on the way to work this morning to pick up the 2014 Silverado at the Chevy garage. It was sent in for an oil change. After doing the oil change, changing 4 tires, an alignment and new front brake rotors the bill was over $1800. I'm glad I don't have to get my service done at that garage.
Elder Wolfley and I went to Sister Di Dios' house today and picked up a dining table and chairs, and a couple of night stands for the Temiskaming Elders. I thought we would take the dining set with us, but Sister Martin wants the set we have here. Elder and Sister Wolfley are taking the dining set just picked up and I'll move the one they are using to the storage shed where he can deal with it later!!
Got my last hair cut tonight from Dominique. She works just across the street in the mall and she said she has cut lots of hair for Mormons. One time she went somewhere and gave several Elders haircuts, one right after another. She didn't think it was on Main Street, so that rules out the Mission Home. Not sure where she might have been.
Bonnie is in the kitchen working on the 'last supper' for the A/Ps. We can't find any guacamole mix at the store. She has me working online, but as usual, those recipes require things we don't have.
Time to hit the sack. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:   Yes, I have been working on the preparations for sour cream chicken enchiladas. It is frustrating not being able to get things here that I could get at home so easily. We will try one more place tomorrow on the way to work. We need to leave by 4:30 so I can get everything ready for the missionaries at 6 tomorrow. It should be a very good day.
The neat thing about Bob's experience with the barber is that he gave her a Restoration pamphlet. Apparently, she was quite thankful. Tonight I also got my hair cut by Sister Youngberg. I like the way she cuts it. I just wish she could give me a bit of color. The other lady that use to do my hair has upped her price to $80.00. I just can't afford that right now.
Slowly but surely we are getting more of our "give-aways" taken to good homes! I still have lots to give to Salvation Army, though. We will do that Saturday. It will be a challenge to be here without any furniture but we can do it for a few days. And there are a few pieces such as a small table and our green chest of drawers that will remain. Elder Wolfley will have to deal with those things, I guess.
May all of you have a wonderful night and an even better tomorrow!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment