Sunday 1 May 2016

May 1, 2016

Bonnie: Today has been a wonderful Sabbath. After announcing that the YSAs only speak for 2 minutes or less when they bear their testimonies, about 10 went up right away. Probably that many more went up as the meeting progressed. It was great listening and feeling the spirit as they talked. Next Sunday the Elders Quorum is doing Much and Mingle for Mother's Day, except for the desserts. The Relief Society has been assigned to bring those. I attended Sunday School and Relief Society today because I have two young men who round up the YSAs for their interviews with the Bishop. There were only three that were signed up anyway.  So, it's been a great day.
Happy  Birthday to Jeff today. I don't even want to know how old he is--I could figure it out of course, but it just makes me feel older!
Tomorrow begins the week of MLC, so it will be a busy few days.  We think the President may be coming in tomorrow instead of Tuesday for our weekly meeting. And Cannon's will be back tomorrow. That makes me happy! Have a good night, everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It has been a good day. Especially when we got home. I got to take a short nap! Bonnie woke me up at 6:05 for dinner. Can't believe I slept that long.
Church was very good today. As Bonnie said, there were almost 20 YSA members that shared a short testimony along with the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Presidency, the Bishop's wife and the new Assistant, Elder Holt.
I taught the Melchizedek Priesthood Preparation Class today. I am supposed to be helping Brother Culp with this, but he probably won't be there for a while. His wife started chemo on Thursday.
It has been raining off and on most of the day. Not a hard rain but just a little. There is over 40% chance of rain 3 days out of the next 5. Hope I'm not moving people this week.
Well I'm heading for bed. Hope I can go to sleep. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment