Wednesday 18 May 2016

May 18, 2016

Bob: About last night. At 10:00 President Clayton called and asked if had Elder Muirhead's passport. I told him it was at the office. Well Elder Muirhead was scheduled to fly out at 8:00 am today. So I had to go to office and make up the CD of the Elder's letters written to President Clayton during his mission. Then I had to deliver that, the passport and some other items to the Mission Home so he would have them in the morning. Got to the Mission Home about 11:15 and President Clayton met me at the door. We both were wearing brightly colored and patterned leisure pants. He said we should get a picture of this!! I wish I had taken my camera or phone.

Well IMOS is back up and running. I ran a few things through last night and they went well. When I tried to print the checks this morning they crashed. However, SL fixed the problem in a couple hours. Things seem to be okay.
Went to work without my phone today. Had a peaceful day at work, but when I got home there were 8 messages. Most of them were repeats and insignificant though. One was from a set of Spanish Elders. So I called them. They didn't answer, but I got their voicemail. They rattled off a long message in Spanish and at the end said, "Gracias, chow!" So I left them a message. I said, "I listened to your message and didn't understand anything except the end where you said, thanks for the food!! Bonnie came apart laughing and said that's not what that means. I said I know, but they don't know. They called in a couple minutes laughing. Elder De Peiza said I was close, though.
Going to pack and get ready to go to Temiskaming tomorrow. It will be a quick trip, but it means a few days out of the office.
Found out today that when the Wolfley's get here on June 8th their apartment won't be ready. They won't be able to get in until the 9th. I am hoping that changes, but we'll see. Dealing with Vertica is just not easy.
After work tonight I got to go eat at Wendy's. Bonnie agreed to go this evening. We ate dinner with the Cannons. Had a good time visiting with them.
Well I have got to get busy. Have a great couple of days. We probably won't post anything tomorrow, but don't know for sure. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Another rather peaceful day. A Staples order came in and I ordered some things for President Clayton from the Online Store. That was about it. We had lots of visits from missionaries, though. That's the part I really like. The candy jar was full today, and it was much appreciated by the Elders and Sisters.
I am anxious to go up to Temiskaming to check out the options for apartments there. I will write about the choices when we get back Friday night. I wonder about all kinds of details. It will be nice to have some of my questions answered.
May tomorrow be a great day for all of you, our friends and family!
Love, Mom/Bonnie
Elder Gleave (May play basketball for UVU)

Elders Holt, Gleave, Forsyth

No comments:

Post a Comment