Wednesday 18 May 2016

May 17, 2016

Bonnie: Another good day. I finally received  one of my Book of Mormon orders so that was great. Of course, I ordered more today so I will have plenty for transfers next week. I also finished another project-- that of putting/replacing the labels on the files in the two file drawers behind my desk. I've spent several days working on this. I figure it will help my replacement when she comes.
The best part of the day was when the APs brought in three boxes of Krispy Kremes. They do that the week before transfers to help them stay "motivated". It's lots of hard work for them. So, while they weren't looking, Sister Cannon said we should hide them. I jumped up and hid all three boxes, very much in plain sight if someone looked closely. When they got back, I heard the newest AP say, "Where are the doughnuts? I put them right here!" He said this softly, but we could feel his consternation. Elder Gleave immediately went around asking us all about the missing doughnuts. They proceeded to look but couldn't find them. A little later, when they were out of the office for a minute, I hurriedly took them and put them back on their desks. It was so much fun! They are so cute to tease! Sister Cannon and I finally admitted that it was us.
We are having second thoughts about renting the house in Cobalt from the member who is trying to sell it. It sounds like it is not in very good shape, maybe cold in the winter, with small rooms. So, Bob is looking for an apartment for us. Thankfully, he has the help of our good friends in the Branch. They are supportive. We'll see what happens. We may go up there this week, just to see what options are available to us. It would be a quick two-day trip. In fact, Bob said tonight that we may go Thursday!!
As he has written, IMOS was shut down church-wide last Friday afternoon, at least the financial part of it. Tonight when he got home he said that it was up and running!! They told him it would be probably Monday morning before it was back up, so this is wonderful! But, then he had a call from President Clayton tonight asking for the disk for an Elder who is going home before transfers (in fact, tomorrow). The disk contains all of the letters the Elder has written to the President during his mission. Bob forgot to do it. So, he just left (it's 10 pm) to go back to the office, burn the disk, and then drop it off at the mission home. It will be a late night for him, for sure.
Well, we hope everyone has had a very good day, enjoying the spring-like weather and doing the things that matter most. We love you all.
Love, Mom/Bonnie and Dad/Bob

PS: Tomorrow we will post some pictures that we took of Elder Gleave's going away party.

No comments:

Post a Comment