Tuesday 3 May 2016

May 3, 2016

Bob: It has been a tiring day. We had a meeting with the Clayton's and the office staff today. Had to go to the bank also. Was able to get the bills paid and the follow-up list done. Still working on the text report. I have the phone usage ready, but the text will take a little longer. We went to eat tonight with the A/P's and a recent convert, Chris Fernandez. I am not sure what we ate. It wasn't bad, but not something I would travel too far for again. It was hot and spicy.
We have to be at the office tomorrow at about 6:45 to prepare breakfast for MLC which begins at 7:15. Somehow we have managed to go from providing occasional waffles to preparing breakfast at 7:15 in the morning. That's what happens when too many cooks get in the kitchen. Oh well, we have to live with it now.
President Clayton announced in our meeting today that Elder and Sister Wolfley are qualified and have the computer skills necessary to run the office. He is going to assign them to the office and send Bonnie and I to Temiskaming as an MLS couple for the rest of our mission!! We are happy to go work with the members there, but we are also said to be leaving friends we have met here. And we get to pack and move which is a drag!! But we'll do it. The Wolfleys get here approximately June 4th and we will leave by the end of June if not sooner. We will get to experience the northern winter this year. I am sure it will be different than the winter we just had.
Better get to bed. 5:45 will get here early. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  We went to a West Indies restaurant tonight. It was quite spicy, even with my mango hot sauce on the side. It was fun even though I don't especially want to go back. We have three places here that I want to try before we go up to the "frozen" north. It's one of the special things we can do here in the GTA (greater Toronto area).
I guess it is official that we are going to Temiskaming. I'm going with mixed emotions. There is much I will miss here. And a cold winter is not on my list of favorite things to experience! Perhaps the Lord has a special purpose for us. We'll see.
As Bob said we will be on our way to the office by 6:30 am, latest, tomorrow morning. I have just finished cutting up a watermelon and a cantaloupe for breakfast. I will add bananas and blackberries before it is served. We'll have to take the cart to get everything down to the car. I have 30 containers of greek yogurt and more plates and 5 cans of whipping cream. Oh, and butter. The syrup, nutella and pancake mix are already at the office.
May everyone enjoy their breakfasts in the morning as I'm sure we will!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment