Saturday 7 May 2016

May 6, 2016

Bob: The most beautiful day yet of 2016. Temps got into the 70s. And we left work at 4:00. Had to deliver a security deposit for an apartment rental. Then we had to go to Costco to pick prescriptions up for Bonnie. I am glad we weren't doing regular shopping there. The place was crowded and the lines were long. Bonnie had 1 person in front of her at the pharmacy and it still took about 15 minutes.
Got the truck and trailer emptied today. Value Village took a lot of the items and then we went to the dumpster by the BSC. Someone had already been there to get rid of their tires, a dresser, and sundry other items. Problem is they left garbage strewn all over the place. Elder Youngberg and I cleaned it up for them. He got down in the dumpster and moved some bags around so we could deposit the bed frames, box springs, mattresses and piece of carpet that we had. Then we put the dresser on top of everything. It looks to me like some of the members or neighbors get rid of their garbage in the church dumpster. It would be interesting if they put a locked fence around the dumpster. I bet it wouldn't fill up nearly as fast.
I am ready to pay the rents on Monday. Have to have the checks printed by Thursday 7 pm because of the church wide accounting shutdown. Not looking forward to the restart. I will let you know how it goes.
Well I'll close for now. Been looking on line to see if there is any type of car top/trunk lid carrier I can get for the Avalon. I think we need some extra room. We were completely full when we arrived and we have picked up a couple items!! So far I haven't found anything I like.
Love to all. Have a great weekend. Good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It has been a beautiful day. Bob got his hair cut about 5:30 at the Mall. The lady who does it has cut lots of hair for other missionaries. She is a super person. Hopefully, we can invite her to learn about the gospel! After the haircut we went to the food court and had dinner. We ate at  Shanghi 360 some very good Asian food. Then, we stopped by Youngberg's to return his phone that had been left in the truck. We love these two! And  Sister Youngberg did something very special for me. She told me she had some very ripe bananas and that she would give them to me and a recipe to bake muffins for our Munch and Mingle Sunday. She had them all made up for me when we got there! I don't have to do a thing for Sunday. It's like an early Mother's Day gift. It means that tomorrow we can spend it how we want and not have to worry about anything else. We love Saturdays, So, tomorrow we will go shopping for new clothes!! It will be a fun day, I'm sure, at least for me.
May all of the women that I know, whoever you are, have a lovely Mother's Day week-end!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment