Wednesday 4 May 2016

May 4, 2016

Bob: A year ago today Bonnie and I arrived in Brampton. Oh how time does fly. Now we'll be packing up again in about 55 days and heading on a new adventure.
Today started awfully early. Up at 5:00 and out the door 6:25 to get to the office so we could feed breakfast to the missionaries. I don't think this is what Elder Gillen had in mind when he started cooking waffles for the missionaries. But we only have 1 more MLC to do and new people can step in.
Got some things done today before the missionary blitz around 4:00. Several sets of missionaries were needing new phones. Takes a little time for each one, but finally got through it.
Weather was in the 60s today so it was quite pleasant. No rain either. Hoping for more of the same the next few days.
First mate is already getting ready for bed so I'm going to go join her. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:   I probably write this every time, but one thing I will miss for sure is hearing the missionaries sing during MLC. Today I heard "Called To Serve" and "I Believe In Christ". I love it. It's like angels singing!
It was such an early day that by 9:00 we were thinking it should be close to the end of the day, we were so tired! Everything went smoothly until I realized that I hadn't put out the mail. Only the packages were out. So, I hurried and did that and then I was able to enjoy the rest of the day. As Bob wrote, it's busiest when they are finished with their meeting and they all come into the office, with requests, supplies, and other things that we need to help them with. I did lots of laminating of the Daily Dose posters ( formerly ESL). There are several companionships teaching it now and President Clayton wants all of the posters laminated. The only problem is that the pouches I ordered for them will not be here until the middle of May. So, I went to two Staples stores and bought what they had. The third store did not have any in the size that I need.
One thing that was great was having waffles for breakfast and a small Subway sandwich with fruit for lunch provided by the mission.  I didn't have to cook dinner! Hopefully, tomorrow it will be a slower-paced day. All of the officer staff need a day like that.
I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow, as well.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment