Monday 9 May 2016

May 9, 2016

Bob: Busy day at work. Trying to get everything paid as the accounting system will go down Thursday evening for 8 days. They think it will come back on line on a Friday. We will see how that goes.
Weather was beautiful again. I think winter is finally behind us. It'll be in the 60s all week except for the weekend when the rain is supposed to be here. We'll only see the 50s then.
Only had one person to pick up for FHE tonight, and he got a ride home with someone else. As our activity tonight we put together 10,000 packets that will be distributed throughout the Stake. We think it has something to do with a food bank, but we're not sure. I remember last year we did the same thing the very first FHE we attended. Our job was to count out small cards in groups of ten. They in turn were put into bags with other items. The seniors counted out 10,000 of the cards.
Because we didn't take Jeremy home we got home at 9:20. This is our earliest Monday night ever for FHE. Felt strange being home this early.
Found out today that our replacements aren't due here till June 8th. Looks to me like he is going to have about 10 days training and then go for it. We need to take a load of furniture to Cobalt on the 27th, return the 28th, and pack up and leave by the 30th. It will be a tough training regiment.
Well I had better get to bed. Hope everyone is well. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: We had a great turn-out for FHE tonight. There was lots of laughter and teasing as everyone got down to work. But, we did it! Each plastic bag contains 10 more plastic bags plus two brochures telling about the food bank. I imagine each family or person will take several bags and pass them out to others to be filled with food for the food bank. It's a very worthwhile project.
I've been thinking about the wonderful phone calls I had yesterday with my children and grand-children. I have to say that I am so proud of them all. Our grandchildren are growing up so fast and doing amazing things. How I love each person in our family. This includes the wonderful men and women that have married into our family. You make our family complete.
It was a quiet day today and there was time to spare! I love days like this. It makes up for the crazy ones! I hope everyone had an easy-going day, too.
Love, Mom/Bonne

No comments:

Post a Comment