Friday 8 July 2016

July 8, 2016

Bob: This day started early. We left for North Bay at 7:16 and got there about 8:50. It is 95 miles one way. Only had a couple of hold ups on the way down. Coming back, however, we had to make a stop in Temagami for a rest break and to sample some of the chip stand's ice cream.
The meeting was pretty good. The Zone Leaders didn't get the meeting material until yesterday. Then they called 2 other sets of missionaries to do a presentation. All in all they did a pretty good job. I kind of felt we were back in the MTC as they had us all doing some role playing.
This evening the Temiskaming and Rouyn Noranda Elders stopped by for dinner. I was able to use an apartment grill to cook some hamburgers. It was a good evening.
Spent the evening doing the bills and checking account reconciliation and everything balanced. The only problem I see is who paid the internet bill at the end of May. It looks like American Express was charged, but I can't see where they billed me. My American Express account closed on June 20th so I think I owe them, but nothing comes up on the account.
Got to get to bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It was a good  morning, learning with the young missionaries what we need to be doing. I'm not real sure of all of our responsibilities, especially what records we need to keep. Oh, well, we will learn. One thing I felt was that the Branch should fast to help the missionaries find families to teach.We'll see where that goes.
We had to get some things from Sister Craig's house in the afternoon after we got back from Zone Council. She is our friend who is in the hospital. Then, we had to go back to her house after a quick visit because there was one more thing we had to do for her. The Elders went to give her a blessing tonight after dinner.
Dinner was fun, if a little crowded.  One of the Elders did a good  job of cleaning the table off, for me, too. The only problem was the oven. It took about 30 minutes to preheat! Bob thinks there is something wrong with it (really???!!!) and will be talking to Jonathan, the building manager.
I think we will be taking tomorrow "off" as our P-day. I hope we get some things put up on the wall.
Have a great week-end, everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie



My New, Best Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment