Saturday 16 July 2016

July 16, 2016

Bonnie:  We have had a fun day at the Branch picnic, but both of us are tired. I think it's sitting outside in the sun for too long that does it. There was a good turn-out--we think 40 to 50 people all together. We met the Quebec counselor who works with President Jakob. He and his wife are great people. Our friend Janet Hamilton was also there. We were planning on seeing her on the way back if she didn't come, so that worked out well.
On the way back Bob looked at fishing poles! I don't know when he thinks he will get to go fishing, but at least he will be prepared for it if he gets to go. We are trying to figure out where and when to do some service in this area each week. We got some good suggestions today. Monday we will see what develops!
I wish for everyone a wonderful, restful Sabbath tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: I put just a few pictures from today below. Have several of the people swimming, but Bonnie said she didn't think the women would like that. So no swimming pictures of anyone. I'll choose the safe way here.
I think Bonnie is right about sitting in the sun all day. However, I forced myself to take a 50 minute walk when we got back. It is just so nice outside that I don't want to go inside. However, I am very tired right now.
Put the picture of Warren Cambridge on because he was the man that started church meetings way up north over 50 years ago. He held the meetings in his home. He held them for many months before he found out he was supposed to get permission to have a home Sunday School. When he asked though, they gave him permission. He and his 2nd wife are still faithful members. They are Branch Missionaries and want to go with us to show us where some people live.
I do have a P-day that I can do some fishing on. That day is Saturday. As today was used up with the Branch Picnic I feel I have one P-day banked that I can use at my discretion! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!
Hope you had a wonderful day and that your Sabbath is even better. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Warren Cambridge, the man that started Church meetings in his home her over 50 years ago

Sister Caroline Simard from Rouyn Niranda, Quebec

Sister Ng and a sister from Quebec

Kayla Sauve and her brother, Adam, after the kayak capsized

A field of canola on the way to Larder Lake (the crop almost died out a couple years ago)




No comments:

Post a Comment