Monday 4 July 2016

July 4, 2016

Bob: Another wonderful day is winding down. Will be going to bed early as we must be at the BSC at 7:30 in the morning. Took a walk right after I got up this morning. Then we had a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and pork sausage here at the Fairfield Inn. It was nice not having to hurry to get anywhere.
Then we drove to Kleinburg and toured the McMichael Art Galleries. It was interesting because there were several painting of scenes from Algonquin Park. Did not have time to do much in Kleinburg. It reminds me a lot of a flat Park City!! Lots of old shops,and old  renovated homes, etc.
Went to lunch with Sister Di Dios and Kat Smith, a YSA sister. Bonnie and I shared a shawarma wrap. She liked it very much, but I didn't so much. Added some garlic sauce to it and it improved it to my liking.
Tonight we had a Jordanian dinner with the Youngberg's. It had chicken, fresh mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. It was very good. Played a game of Quibbler with them afterwards. That was fun as we were all close to winning. Results might have been different because we didn't keep score exactly right, but next time we will know.
We're sitting in the lobby waiting for the new missionaries to show up and check in. They should be here any minute now.
Hope you have had a blessed and happy day. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Happy, happy July 4th, everyone! I hope it has been a glorious day for you all. It has been a wonderful day for us. We have been treated like royalty! Sis. Di Dios was my visiting teacher and wanted to do something for me before we left. Along with lunch, she gave me two "small" gifts-a whole set of glasses and some baking dishes for our new apartment. She had noticed when she helped me pack up my dishes that one I used had a plastic lid that was melted in places. So, she replaced it. So thoughtful.
It will be great if the new Elders come sometime soon. It will be a surprise for them, and wonderful for us to meet them. I would like to get to bed early tonight so I hope they come soon. The church uses this same motel for transfers/newly arriving missionaries and any other time they need one.
Tomorrow night we will probably not be writing on our blog because we will leave here about 5:30 pm after the temple session and pictures. It will be a 5-hour drive, without traffic issues and without any stops. So, good-night until the 6th of July!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment