Tuesday 26 July 2016

July 26, 2016

Bob: Had a good day. Went on a walk with Bonnie. Once she finished I went just a little farther. Weather was nice out this morning. Going to try the swimming pool in the morning. Means I'll have to set the clock and get up earlier. Don't know if I can stand that.
Went to Englehart to visit with Brother Cushman and his wife. She is supposed to be baptized this Saturday, but she has an extreme fear of water. Also, she must walk with a walker. This may be a challenge.
The Elders were there when we visited the Cushmans. After we left they went to track down an inactive that only has a street address. Bonnie and I went to find 2 sisters. One was not home. The other one Bonnie and Patsy went to visit last Wednesday, but an older man just said 'Not interested' and shut the door in Bonnie's face. I pulled up in front of the house and he was outside. I jumped out and went up and asked him if he knew April Duffy. He said that's my wife. I told him who I was and we had a good chat. He gave me his phone number and said to call before we come to visit. He needs a hip replacement. He said they tried it once, but it got infected and had to be removed. He claims he doesn't have a hip now and that he will get another replacement soon. He was on his feet and moving with a limp as he used his walker. Anyway, we'll go back to see them.
The Elders weren't able to find their guy. Took them to Wendy's for dinner afterwards.
Time to get ready for bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I have just finished a great book: "Schindler's List". I have been interested in the story ever since hearing about the movie, which I haven't seen. It's not a book for the faint of heart. It's fascinating, though. I highly recommend it.
I enjoyed talking to Sister Cushman today. She is excited about  being baptized, but afraid as well, about going under the water. I pray that it will happen. She is a very special woman who has had many difficult trials in her life.
We'll see about the swimming thing tomorrow morning. We will have to be up much earlier than usual for it. But, that is a good thing!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment