Wednesday 6 July 2016

July 6, 2016

Bonnie:  We have worked hard today to get settled in--and I am tired but pleased with what we have done. Have you ever tried to wash the mattress cover to a king-size bed and then zip it up and put the mattress in it without disturbing the bed-skirt? We actually did it. Amazing! That was tonight's project. This morning we unpacked all the boxes in the car. And I have found almost everything we brought. We have done several loads of wash and the appliances seem to work well. It's wonderful having them in our apartment. We went shopping at a few stores in between working on the apartment. I have enough food for about a week, now. The food is more expensive up here than in Brampton. It's crazy the prices! I still need to unpack a large suitcase with clothes in it but that will be tomorrow. And  Bob has called the Branch President so we will begin visiting tomorrow, too.
Have a lovely summer day, everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Let me see where to begin. Took a long walk this morning along Lake Temiskaming. It was in the 60s when I went so it was delightful. Put a couple pictures below.
Bonnie forgot to mention that after we got home from shopping we went to the local ice cream shop. But they were out of the black cherry, my favorite.
Actually we had quite a time with the mattress cover for the king size bed. And the bed skirt was all over the place till we got done. The mattress cover was in 2 pieces so we put the top part on by itself. Then we flipped the mattress over, which is no small feat for 2 seniors. That allowed us to zip up the bottom part pretty easily. Then we had to flip it over again, plus straighten the bed skirt. Let's just say I am not a big fan of bed skirts.
Talked to the Cambridges tonight about picking up the microwave that is in storage at the Branch. Told Sister Cambridge that we were tired as we moved twice. She asked what happened. I told her once we got all the furniture situated we had to move everything except the sofa and chairs to new positions.
Brad is going to loan me his drill so I can put up the bedroom blinds. This will be a tricky task, but I think we'll get it done with some patience.
Got to go. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Possible new apartment!!

Local legend

Local Bed and Breakfast just up the street from us

Local harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment