Sunday 17 July 2016

July 17, 2016

Bob: Check out the link below. (You will have to copy and paste it in a new window.) I can walk to this place in about 10 minutes. Who would have thought something like this would be in the little town of Haileybury. It has been on the market since 2010. Never see anyone around it.
President Jakob told me that he thinks this house sold a couple years ago for $24 million. The owners have not been working on it yet so there are a lot of rumors about it as you can imagine.
One item I am particulary anxious to mention is when we came to Canada in May last year I had 2 new suits. Within a short time the pants no longer fit!! Well, for the past 2 or 3 months I have been trying to walk more and eat less, especially chips, cookies, etc. Today I wore one of those suits to church. The pants felt better today than when I originally got the suit. So I am quite thankful for this blessing. At one time I thought I might have to buy another suit.
Well, I'm going to close and get to bed before midnight for a change. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/the-market/canadas-largest-home-hits-the-market/article4268329/





Bonnie:  We've had a great Sabbath Day today. The talks at sacrament meeting were very good. I also enjoyed Sunday School and Relief Society. We invited the Jakob's over for dinner after church. But, after church Patsy and I could not find our husbands and Sister Margetson, her son and granddaughter needed a ride home. I went ahead and took them to Cobalt then I went home, hoping the Jakob's and Bob were there. They were. So, I turned on the oven that takes so long to heat up. 15 minutes later it was ready so I got the lasagna in and then we had to wait another 15 minutes for it to heat up. We finally ate and really enjoyed our meal. Their three foster daughters are darling, very polite and not any trouble at all. It was wonderful to have them here. The Jakob's said they have not been invited out to eat very often, if at all, since they started taking in foster children. I'm glad we had them over.
After they left we went for a walk and luckily did not get rained upon. We walked by that monster of a house pictured above. The pictures are somewhat deceiving. It's an ugly house, I think, but has over 65,000 square feet in it (same size as Bill Gate's home), plus an inside dock and lots of other amenities. I think someone would be crazy to pay the $25 million for it, but you never know. I see that Bob says it has been bought for $24 million. What a waste, in my opinion.
I'm grateful for all of my blessings, no matter how small they are. Most especially I am thankful for my family and good friends.
Love to all, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment