Tuesday 12 July 2016

July 12, 2016

Bonnie:  It seems so weird to actually have time on our hands! Today we  met with the missionaries and went over our lists of members. We met down by the lake and it was so windy that we had to move. So, we ended up by the park. It was still windy, but it was worth it because we got ice cream afterwards. So, we went home and rested (!!!), ate dinner and then went out to look up some people. We didn't find anyone home, unfortunately. When we got back we remembered our french lessons online. It's a real challenge to do it, but fun, too. Tonight, I learned some helpful phrases to share with the Quebec members.
I hope it has been a great night for all of you!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Bonnie summed up the day's activities pretty well. I think we drove 57 miles tonight and didn't find anybody home. Seems like a waste, but I'm not sure calling would do any good. It would make it easy for them to say not interested if we called.
We did go for a walk by the lake this morning. We just missed a down pour of rain luckily. As we were walking out the apartment, Norm, the facility handiman, came walking down the hall and he was soaking wet. Said he was almost home when the sky opened up and drowned him. But it has stopped now he said. So we went out just after the rain and the air was so fresh.
While we were talking with the Elders down in the park we could see several brave souls swimming. The wind was blowing so I know they had to be chilled. I asked Bonnie if she was going to swim at the picnic on Saturday. Not sure what she said about that. I'll take my trunks, but if the water is too cold I'll pass.
Just finished putting up a small under the cabinet light over the sink so we could see better. Have to figure out how to hide the cord.
All my love and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment