Saturday 30 July 2016

July 30, 2016

Bonnie:  Bob is taking a nap right now so I will begin the blog. We've had a glorious day. The baptism of Karol Cushman went off beautifully. They were both ready when Bob and I picked them up. Just after we arrived at the pool, the  Elders showed up. I was assigned to give the opening prayer. Elder Petrosky lead the singing. Then, we baptized Karol. She walked down the ramp with three Elders dressed in white, one on each side and one in front.  She went under without a  hitch, just needing a little push to put her head down. Karol said afterwards that she felt arms underneath her, and it wasn't the Elder's arms! She is so happy, and she's looking forward to tomorrow. We will pick them up so she can be confirmed at Sacrament meeting. There was a good turnout from the Branch--7 adults plus the six missionaries. There were three kids, too. After the baptism each Elder in our Branch gave the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost. Then, she was welcomed into the Branch and the Relief  Society by the RS President. (Our beloved Branch President was not here because of a prearranged camping trip.) We sang "How Great Thou Art" which I lead, then had the closing prayer by Karol's husband, Warren. Then, we ate--healthy stuff like veggies and fruits and small sandwiches and a good-for-you cake. It worked out so well. One of the life-guards was watching and he quite enjoyed the whole thing.
On the way home, Sister Cushman said "Why don't we go out to eat?" We all thought it was a good  idea. We ate at Gilles, hamburgers and a wrap for me. Then, of course, Bob had to have dessert! It made for a fun outing for all of us. They are not in a very good nursing home and are not able to get out much. I am so thankful that the Lord answered our prayers and that this very special woman was baptized today.
I hope we all have a sustaining Sabbath Day tomorrow!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Bonnie pretty well summed up everything. I had my nap and now I can't seem to focus on anything. It appears I awoke too soon.
Did manage to go for an hour walk this morning. Walked clear to the next town, North Cobalt, and back. Really it's not that far.
I was a little surprised we stopped to eat after the baptism since we ate at the baptism. But I enjoyed the raspberry pie a la mode!! The Cushman's wanted to stop at Lucky Loi, a chinese restaurant but it was closed. So I told them I knew another restaurant we could stop at. I said President Clayton had eaten at Gilli's because I saw it on his credit card statement. If it was good enough for President then it would be good enough for us.
Elders Petrowsky and Carman left immediately after the baptism because they had to drive to Rouyn-Noranda for another baptism. Elders Vargas and Ray left after they ate to attend this baptism, as well. It was back in 2014 when Bonnie and I were up here for the summer that we gave Karol her first 2 discussions. Always wondered what she felt about that. Missionaries didn't get assigned to this Branch till late January I think. It just took a little time to teach her and get her ready, I guess.
Need to close now. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob
Karol and Warren Cushman

Elders Ray, Carman, Vargas, Petrowsky, Sister Cushman, Bonnie, Brother Cushman, Bob

Freshly baled hay on the way to Englehart


No comments:

Post a Comment