Sunday 24 July 2016

July 24, 2016

Bob: Very nice day at church. We had a large crowd as the Quebec saints were there plus a High Councilman, his wife, and several visitors. One of the visitors was Sister Fuller, who is matriarch of the Fuller clan. She said they were having a family reunion next weekend so we are expecting several visitors from their family. It will mean another large crowd. Also, we had a surprise pot luck. Sister Ng didn't call us about it, but there was plenty to eat.
Finished Uncle Tom's Cabin today. Quite an interesting book. I can see how it might have caused some controversy in its day. It had to have raised many questions.
Bonnie has been on the phone a good while this evening. I thought she was going to be talking to Jeff and Scott, but I haven't heard their names yet. She rotates calls and I don't know her schedule.
I missed Sunday School and Priesthood today because I was going over the membership list with President Ochs, Sister La Croix and the Rouyn Elders. I don't know how much we can help in Quebec, but we will be going over in a couple of weeks to Rouyn. One Val D'Or sister has already asked us to visit. That's about a 3 hour trip. Won't be making that trip every week, but we'll see how it goes.
Well I'm going to get ready for bed. Hope you had a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I really felt the spirit during sacrament meeting today. There were great talks given by the high counselor and his wife. During the first part of Sunday School I went back to the apartment for a bag of rolls and some blueberry cobbler I had made for our Sunday guests today, not realizing there was a pot luck dinner. I'm glad I went back for it. The food was all delicious and there was plenty of it, thankfully.
So, another week ahead. There are still lots of people to see close by. Tuesday we will be going to Englehart to see the Cushman's. It's about 45 to 50 minutes away.   Hopefully, Sister Cushman will be baptized Saturday!  There are many people up there to see, too. And for sure I want to find a place to do some service, something we can do each week. That will give us some solid plans on a consistent basis.
I hope everyone has had a delightful Sabbath Day.  We enjoyed talking to Lori and Misty and some of the grand-kids tonight. Happy 24th of July to our Utah friends and family.
Love, Mom/Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment