Sunday 10 July 2016

July 10, 2016

Bonnie:  It's been an interesting Sabbath Day. It was great meeting the Saints from Quebec. They are very spiritual members, I think. I will have to learn some  French, for sure. The sacrament prayers were said first in English and then in French. The closing song was from the french hymn book. I'm grateful that the Backus' gave us CDs for Seniors leaning French! I will start tonight. Everything went well today and there was a good spirit at our meetings. and some delicious food at our pot luck. We spent the evening going home teaching with our friend Brad to visit two members. The only problem was the first house had cats! It wasn't long before my nose was dripping and my eyes were itching and watering. Thankfully,  Brad had some benedryl. It really helped. There were cats at the second house, too, but we met outside on the porch. This also helped.
So, tonight we will plan our week. It will include time for me to fix a special dinner for Brad and his daughter, Emma, and his Mom, Trudy, and her husband, Jack. These are some of our favorite people here. Jack will make our meal especially fun because he loves to tell jokes. I can't wait!
Well, I will let Bob finish. But be sure to check out our pictures included tonight. Some are from our last days in Brampton.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It is late again. Somehow we seem to be up past 11:00 every night. So I will make this short.
Church was very good. The Quebec Saints were very nice. One family has 4 children, although one is grown and married. I am not sure if they had 2 or 3 with them. They seem so young to have a married child. There will be services in the Val d'Or area next week and we might be going. We'll see how it all plays out. I would like to talk to someone over there that knows most of the members of record. The wife of the couple just mentioned told me that a couple that couldn't speak French served in their Branch one time and did a lot of good. So I think we'll be spending some time over there. Maybe get another apartment!!!!!
The picture below is when the missionaries stopped after Zone Council Meeting on Friday.
Got to go. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Our meal with the missionaries in Temiskaming Shores Branch


Us with Mission President Shields and his wife at the temple


Bob and I with our beloved YSA Bishop, Bishop Finnigan


Many of the YSAs and advisory couples at the Churchville YSA Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment