Saturday 9 April 2016

April 9, 2016

Bob: Well it was back to the temple this morning at 11:30. It was our month to help with the mission New/Returning Members temple baptism session. Our numbers were not great today as there were only 7 or 8 members there, but it was a sweet and spiritual session. It took a little while to get organized as we got started at 12:48 instead of 12:30, but because of our numbers we were able to get finished and out by 2:00 so another group could come in. I was the recorder today instead of the dressing room attendant, so I saw much more of the baptisms than I usually do. But when we were all finished I learned some more duties for the dressing room attendant that I had not been aware of. I'll be sure and get those done from now on.
Tonight the Ericksons, Budgetts and us went to dinner just down the street at Canelli's Italian Eatery. It has now become my favorite place in Toronto. For those of you familiar with Undo's in Benwood, WV, it is about the same. They even had my favorite dish at Undo's, Eggplant Parmigiana. It was delicious and I walked out a very stuffed person!! They have a good sized dining room and it looks like they can handle a group of 28 without any problem. We'll be planning a Saturday night dinner there for all the Seniors. I think we could have 28 if the Claytons can be there.
Been reading the biography of David O McKay. I have found this book very interesting. It gives a lot of detail concerning how decisions were made about various aspects of the church's work and growth during his tenure as president of the church. You have to read with an open mind, though. It is surprising how some things worked out.
Well I'm going to let my better half add a few words. So I'll say good night to all and may your Sabbath Day be special. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  We slept in until 7:45 today and then took naps in the afternoon when we got home from the baptisms! It surprises me how tired I get sometimes. Anyway, we will be leaving about 10:00 am tomorrow to attend Mississauga Ward with Grace. After Sacrament Meeting the  missionaries will be there to give her a lesson and then we head back to our YSA Ward where I will get some of them in to see the  Bishop. The Bishop texted me and said there would be big changes tomorrow in the YSA ward. I hope he is not being released! He has done a wonderful job there and the YSAs absolutely love him.
Well, it's definitely time to close this blog. After all, you know we need our sleep!! May everyone have a glorious Sabbath tomorrow. We love and miss you all!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

.

No comments:

Post a Comment