Friday 1 April 2016

April 1, 2016

Bob: Sitting here listening to Eric Clapton. Doesn't get much better. I believe he is ranked as one of the greatest guitarist ever. Bonnie says I have it too loud though!! The music brings back memories. I told her we need to think young and not old!!!!!!
It has been a great day and the temple was special with Sister McDermott and the other senior missionaries from the office. Work went well today also. Even made some more headway on the phone/text report. Wonders never cease.
Looking forward to conference tomorrow. The sisters are planning on spending the evening together while we go to the Priesthood Session. We'll be leaving early for that as they announced last week that they would be serving pizza. It's good to rub shoulders with the local brethren.
We got the car wash card back yesterday. I lost it over a month ago. The card was registered so they said they would replace it with 43 days remaining (it's a 90 day card). Well they sent the replacement to London by mistake. When I called them back about it another 2 weeks had passed. The CSR saw the mistake and said he would put extra points on my Petro Canada card so I could get a couple car washes while they sent the card again. Well the card came yesterday, but the CSR didn't tell me he was going to put extra time on the card. It had 64 days on it!! This is one time that their customer service really shown.
Well I had better let Bonnie check this so I'll quit for now. Love to all and good night brothers. Everyone enjoy conference.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It's been a very good evening. As I've said before, I love going to the temple and seeing so many people I know. Bob was asked that we be the witness couple but he didn't tell me ahead of time. I still can't kneel on my right leg, so when the officiator asked us to follow him into the endowment room I had to say that I couldn't kneel down. Bob felt badly about not remembering. The session went well, especially with the sister missionary who will be leaving this week. She met up with her two companions after the temple session and they came to dinner with us. We went to a Texas Steak house. Bob and I shared some shrimp fajita which was delicious. We didn't get home until 10:20 pm. Needless to say, it's now very late so I'm going to bed! I want to be alert for the conference sessions tomorrow.
Love to all, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment