Tuesday 19 April 2016

April 19, 2016

Bonnie: We had a wonderful meeting with President Clayton and Sister Clayton today. He gave us some material that was given to him during his training as a General Authority. There was a lot of material and all of us were a little overwhelmed. It will take some pondering on our part. It just shows the "hastening of the work" in my opinion. We need to have strong homes and parents need to teach the gospel directly and carefully to their children.
I was able to accomplish a lot today, but this evening was busy. We just talked to Youngberg's for quite awhile about the YSAs here, and money issues and furniture for their new apartment. They will be going with Bob to IKEA tomorrow to buy more furniture. It's been hard for them to make this move, I think, especially because this is the second unfurnished apartment for them. It is taking them longer to get settled and start doing their missionary work. Today Bob took the truck home and was going to park it here so he wouldn't have to go to the office in the morning to get it. When he got here he found that he couldn't park it where he wanted to, so he he had to drive back to the office. Then I had to go back to pick him up. We finally got home about 8:10, ate and talked to Youngbergs. Oh, well. Everything will work out!
I hope everyone has had a day where everything worked out for you! At least it is more like Spring, here. I  hope it lasts!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Definitely an interesting day. I think I will remember April 19, 2016 for a while. It was really disheartening to get the truck all packed up and here at the apartment complex and then find out I couldn't park it anywhere. The only lot with big enough spots for a truck with a trailer is Building 8. They are doing some work on their underground parking and several of the cars have been moved to the outside parking lot until the work is finished. When I got there the lot was full. At that time of night it takes almost an hour to go to the office and back.
Got to leave at 7:30 in the morning again. Will pick up the truck and head to North York to move stuff from one apartment to another. Then as Bonnie said, I'll take the Youngbergs to IKEA to get some things. I have a load of things for them at the storage unit I need to bring over tomorrow too.
Going Thursday with the Brampton Z/L to empty an apartment early in the morning. They have 2 more apartments in their zone they need to be getting ready. Seems like we have a bunch of apartments we're emptying right now.
Well I've got to get to bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment