Sunday 10 April 2016

April 10, 2016

Bonnie:  I just got finished cooking for the week. I have to bring dinner to the office on both Monday and Tuesday so we can go straight to YSA activities. It's been a great day to fast and listen to the testimonies of others. Grace liked it, and our discussion went well. She has committed to baptism on May 7th!! One big obstacle for her will be telling her parents, very staunch Catholics. Another challenge will be changing missionaries. Three sisters will now begin teaching her because of transfers on Tuesday. Our precious Elder Geddes and Elder Tam will be moving somewhere else. It's all good in the long run, however, right? When we got to our YSA ward today we found out that there are now two Elders Quorums. The Bishop divided the men into a mostly Spanish group and a mostly Asian group, with blacks and whites intermingled in each. It will be interesting to see  how it works out. And I think he got two young men who will help me find those who are on the interview list. Bob has found out that he doesn't have to help clean up after the Munch and Mingle each week. He is just to help set up the tables and chairs. That's a relief for us both!
Tomorrow we will have our meeting with President and Sister Clayton. There are so many things that we need to discuss. It will be interesting to see how things change, all in the Lord's timing of course.
We hope everyone has had a wonderful Sabbath Day. I know we have. How I love my Savior and how I love all of you!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Woke up this morning to a startling discovery. Yesterday when we went to the temple for the baptism session I knew there was a possibility that I might have to do some of the baptisms. In anticipation of that I decided to take a travel kit containing my hair brush and deodorant with me. Well I took it and I left it on the recommend desk!! So this afternoon I called Bishop Willmott of the the Brampton Ward, who is also the Temple Recorder, asking if any security people were at the temple. He called them and arranged for me to go up to and get the kit. So tomorrow I can switch back to my trusty Mennen Speedstick! (Didn't care for Bonnie's Secret.)
Yes, I thought the discussion was good. Grace was telling us that she hadn't told her parents yet that she is contemplating being baptized. She said they are staunch Catholics and it will be hold to tell them. When I mentioned that Bonnie and I would like to meet her parents her eyes got real big! I told her we just want to meet them so they will know who we are. Hope we can arrange that soon.
As I sit here looking out the window I see snow falling down and the ground all covered in white!! I thought spring had sprung, but not so here. We have another day or so of cold temperatures and then the thermometer will start to rise. Over the next 15 days we will have 2 days at 45 and the rest in the 50s and higher. Should be a lot nicer in another week.
The Elders Quorums records show 13* some elders and prospective elders so they split into 2 quorums today. I am in Lehi's quorum. The other quorum is Nephi. I think I'm still supposed to help teach the prospective elders. That could become more permanent as the other adviser's wife starts chemo on April 28th.
Well I have got to go. Send my love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

PS Bob says you all know what the * means by the 13. Am I the only one who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment