Friday 29 April 2016

April 29, 2016

Bob: Another pretty good day. Although we left between 5 and 5:30 everyone else was gone before 4:30. I had my work pretty much done, but I think Bonnie still had a lot of things to do. Anyway, we went home and had something to eat before heading out for our Friday night visit to the grocery store.
Also had to stop at Costco and pick up some waffle mix for MLC coming up Wednesday. Always a joy to go to Costco on Friday night or anytime Saturday.
Had 4 Elders cleaning out a Brampton apartment today and 2 more Elders cleaning a Mississauga apartment. The Brampton one was completed, but I haven't heard from the Elders about the other one. Also, the Brampton Z/L need to finish an apartment on the east side of Brampton. And then I think I am done with apartments for a while except for a senior apartment the first of June. I don't think it will be much of a problem.
Had a phone call from Tony tonight. He said that Mia broke her leg while playing with Beckham at a playground. She fell and landed awkwardly. Tony said she is doing alright though.
Well I'm getting ready for bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Bob summed up our day well. There is lots to do for MLC still. I usually get some of my flyers done the Friday before but not today. It's hard to keep ahead of everything. One very wonderful thing happened, though. I got a call from a missionary father who is helping his daughter in the reactivation of someone she and her companion visit. This man has been inactive for 40 years. He told the Sisters the name of the Elder who had baptized him. She in turn told her father, who did some looking, and found the very man. He has been a mission president. Anyway, I get to be the go-between! The Sisters will be seeing this man tomorrow and getting his phone number and email address. They will give it to me and I will give it to the Sister Missionary's father, who in turn will give it to the wonderful man who did the baptizing. What an amazing story. I feel blessed to be a small part of it.
Tomorrow should be very low-key. I hope to attend the temple, and maybe do something fun with one of the senior couples tomorrow night, if possible. Have a good night and day tomorrow, everyone! And, sweet Mia, I hope your leg heals fast!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment