Sunday 3 April 2016

April 3, 2016

Bob: Up at 8 this morning to a very bright and shining sun. The ground is brown and green (not white). Looks like a beautiful day is at hand. But looks can be deceiving. I just checked the temperature. It is 19 and going up to 34. I also notice there is ice frozen on the windows. Still it looks nice outside.
Well the weather took a turn for the worse. You can see in the picture below that Ole Man Winter is back. It is 8:50 right now and the snow is still coming down slightly. The parking lot has snow on it so the streets may be slick. It is supposed to be cold tonight so it probably won't melt. May be an experience getting to the office in the morning.
Conference was good. Lots of guidance and encouragement. I thought Elder Holland's remarks at the end were very good. They give us all hope we can be better and good enough.
Well I'd better close for now. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob


Bonnie:  Today has been a great day to listen to conference. We went to the Brampton Stake Center and hoped to meet up with Grace for the morning session. Unfortunately, she had an appointment and could not make it. So, we stayed home and listened to the afternoon session at the apartment. As we watched, the snow began to fall and it has not stopped yet. It's almost 8:00 pm! It will be a cold day tomorrow I figure. Anyway, I loved conference. All the talks were good.
I talked to the APs today about the upcoming changes that will be coming with a new Mission President in July. They both want to extend their missions to help with the change-over. That would be wonderful, although I doubt they will be given permission. I pray that I will be able to help it all go smoothly. I will miss the  Clayton's so much!! We found out this morning that some Elders had their bus passes and wallets stolen out of their coats while they were attending conference! Their coats were hanging in the coat closet at the chapel. This makes me worry about safety all the more, now with the theft of Cannon's car. It will mean some very heart-felt prayers on my end!
May everyone continue to feel the blessings of conference this coming week.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

 Early this afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment