Thursday 21 April 2016

April 21, 2016

Bonnie:  Today I actually had time to start emptying my top file drawer. It has material from 2015 that Bob says I can throw away. It's last year's orders mostly. The only thing I can't throw away are the packing slips and bills of lading.  I also found space on the supply shelves for the new pamphlet that has come out for returning and new members called "Learning and Serving In The Church". And, I also found space for the Hallelujah Cards and the Daily Dose Cards. The Hallelujah Cards were first introduced at  Easter, but it is to be a year-long way to introduce others to the gospel. The Daily  Dose cards are like the old ESL cards. I need to order more Hallelujah cards tomorrow because I can see that they will be a popular item for the missionaries.
I left about 4:30 and went shopping at Walmart. Bob got dropped off at the apartment by the Elders who had the truck. I got home about 6, we had dinner and then I started the wash. That means that tomorrow night we will have a real "free" night. I hope we can do something special!
We are having a wonderful time here in the Canada Toronto Mission, though a busy one, and we love it! We hope we will be a good influence on the Elders and Sisters here, and all those we meet. The Church is true. My Savior Jesus Christ is real and loves us all. Have a good night, everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Day wasn't too bad as I got my follow ups done and bills paid. However, the furniture store we ordered the king-size bed from did not deliver it today as promised. So I had to call them and cancel the order because we couldn't wait any longer. The Youngbergs went to another store and were able to get one and it will be delivered tomorrow, guaranteed they say. In fact, they told them if it didn't get delivered they would put them up in the Marriott!
At about 2:30 the Brampton Z/L's showed up at the office with the truck and trailer. They had just emptied an apartment and wanted me to look at what they had. They forewarned me that I wouldn't like what I was going to see. They were absolutely right. As we opened the back door on the trailer things began falling out. We eventually finished filling the dumpster at the office with things and then went to the city dump and threw away several things including three dumpy old couches. It just baffles me why anyone would want to be living with all these worthless things cluttering their apartment. I can imagine the thoughts some of the landlords have when they see their apartments. On the other hand, not all of the apartments are that bad. Yesterday's evacuation wasn't bad at all. It took less that an hour.
Rained a little today, but the temperature wasn't real bad. A light sweater was just fine.
Got to go now. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment