Wednesday 27 April 2016

April 27, 2016

Bonnie:  It was a very busy day today for me. How I missed the help of Sister Cannon!  (She will be gone with her husband until Monday buying a car in the States.)  One supply order was already in room 120, but then I had at least two other big ones come in, and one small order. I didn't even get to the one in 120 today. On top of all of that, two big orders of name-tags came, and I  had to do a Vista Print order for our Daily Dose classes. I have around seven baptismal and confirmation records to enter for SL tomorrow. I am also trying to update my files with the correct names and dates. This is something Bob is going to show me how to do. Tomorrow I will try to get some things done to prepare for MLC. I need to put stickers in lots and lots of planners--Spanish, Portuguese,  Chinese and French ones, and get the "Teaching Records" divided up into packets of 10 each, and make some more cards with the pictures of the Clayton's. The missionaries really want those, as you can imagine. I'm glad that Sister Cannon will be back on Monday!
Tomorrow should be a wonderful day because it will start out with us taking the Clayton's to the airport for a Mission President Seminar in the States. Then, we head to Mississauga to clean out an apartment. That will be followed by a discussion with Grace and the Sister Missionaries in the Etobicoke chapel. My guess is that Bob will want to stay late at the office tomorrow night to catch up on some of the work he has to do. There will be plenty for me, as well.
We've had a nice evening just being lazy tonight. I love it when we can do that! And it's been a sunny day today, which is always good in my book.
I hope everyone has a good night tonight and a good day tomorrow!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: The day started off very well. I called the museum where we were yesterday and they had my phone. So I made plans to go get it.
First I stopped at an apartment in North York so I could give them a vacate notice. However, after talking with management, they agreed to paint the apartment and repair a few items. So we agreed that we would stay. It is a pretty nice apartment because it has sliding glass doors that lets in a lot of sun light. They have their desks by the doors so it gives them lots of light.
Then I drove to the museum. That was a real treat. I bypassed the Don Valley Parkway bottleneck and then got onto the parkway. It started a little slow, but broke up pretty quickly. Got to the museum and I was able to find the receiving area to park the pickup. They had the phone and the guy asked me to unlock it. However, it was dead as a door nail so he just told me to go ahead and take it. Couldn't use it though as I had called Rogers yesterday to put a block on it. When I got back to the office I called Rogers back and got it working again.
Next chore was to get back to the office. My GPS wanted me to back track and go back up Don Valley Parkway, but I didn't want to do that. So I headed straight south on Queens Park Drive. Went so far and got into a traffic snarl. Instead of waiting for the traffic to untangle I turned right and went less than a mile. Found a street I knew would take me to the expressway. So I turned on it and got back to the office about 40 minutes or so later.
Then, I went with 2 missionaries about 2:30 to unload the trailer. I gave some to Salvation Army and put the rest either in the shed or the garage bin. Then I had to go back to the office to get the keys for the apartment we want to empty tomorrow and then back to the Brampton Stake Center to give the Elders a ride back to the office. They dropped me off at our apartment and took the truck with them.
I beat Bonnie home by about 5 minutes. She fixed dinner and then I took about an hours nap. Woke about 8 to finish the dishes and take out the garbage. What a day!
Time for bed now. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment