Monday 25 April 2016

April 25, 2016

Bob: Very interesting day. The first thing I had to do was go to Walmart and get a set of shelves for the Youngbergs. Then back to the office for a meeting with the Claytons. Then there were a few bills to pay and 18 checks leftover from Friday that needed to be separated, stuffed and mailed. When I finished with that it was after 12:00. I couldn't believe it. Ran through as many other things as I could and then it was 5 and time to leave for the Senior Couples Retreat.
Had a great time at the Mission home. There were 20 couples in total counting the Claytons. The parking was a little crowded but it was fun hearing from each couple tell a little bit about their family and what they were doing on their mission. Tomorrow we will be headed to the Royal Ontario Museum for an afternoon tour.
Well, its time to hit the sack. Have a great night and day tomorrow. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It was a very good day, especially because we ended it sharing and talking with the other senior couples. What a wonderful group of missionaries. I love them all and I learn from all of them. There is much work to be done, however.  Elder  Fenske who is known mission-wide for his home-made cookies, was there tonight with his wife. I had to return a container to him that he left us one day. I decided that I didn't want to bake anything for them--he did enough of that. So the only thing I could think of was to fill the container with fruit. So, we bought them lots of strawberries, grapes and some kiwis. They seemed to really appreciate it. It's so great to be with Clayton's, too. They are the most wonderful people. How I love them!
So, tomorrow, as Bob explained, we will go to some training in the morning, which will include a testimony meeting, followed by lunch (mostly left-overs from tonight's pot luck.) That will be followed by a visit to the Royal Ontario Museum in the afternoon. I've heard that it's an incredible museum. I can't wait.
May tomorrow be a day that all of us enjoy!  My love to all.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment