Friday 6 November 2015

November 6, 2015

Bob: It was quiet in the office again today. Except for the carpet cleaning people there wasn't much going on. We got word today that our landlord will NOT lease any apartments to the church. The apartments have to be leased to an INDIVIDUAL. At the present time we have 7 apartments in this complex and I have discovered they are all leased to a missionary couple that no longer serves here. Some of them have been gone for years. The local leasing office made this decision. I told them if they wouldn't reconsider I would have to call corporate and talk to them. They said go right ahead. I talked to the Director of Operations of the corporation and he assured me they wanted our business and that he would call me back on Monday after he looks into this. So it looks like we may be moving. I don't believe any of the missionaries that have been released really want these apartment leases in their name.
Stopped for gas and groceries on the way home. Didn't get home till about 7:30. After we ate Bonnie has spent the evening getting things ready for those that will be coming by tomorrow night to say good bye to the Barretts. They leave a week from today. We have to fit seventeen people in here some way.  We finished pulling another pork roast tonight. We should have enough now for the pulled pork.
Well Bonnie is getting ready for bed so I had better quit for now. Love to all, and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment