Saturday 21 November 2015

November 21, 2015

Bonnie:  It's been a good day today. I was able to do everything I wanted. I had an extra load of wash to do and some errands to two different stores. The most important thing was helping the Erickson's move. They didn't want much help, but I was able to clean the kitchen shelves for her. And then we had them over for dinner and that was kind of crazy. I decided to do a new dessert and it turned out kind of funky. But, it tasted good and who can complain about chocolate brownie cake and ice cream? Anyway, we had chili, biscuits and salad which Bob helped make. (Don't be too shocked--it's a ready-made salad that you just mix together.) Everything turned out OK.
I am learning how to polish my shoes the way Bob does it. He showed me how tonight. I only wear one pair to the office and they get kind of "used-looking". The polish really helps. So, tomorrow for the dedication of the Montreal Temple, I will have nice-looking shoes. We are excited to be part of the dedication, even though it's from a distance. Everyone here is very excited.
We're trying to figure out our Christmas plans. We will be in New Martinsville on the 28th of December for Ed's Memorial Service, and that is south of Chris and Misty and their families. Surely, we can work something out! Next week-end I want to have an American Thanksgiving dinner for some of the missionaries on Saturday. And then on Sunday I want to look at all of the Chrismas decorations that came with this apartment. Many people already have their decorations out. I'm loving it! Even though it seems early to me, I want to get them up.
I  hope everyone has a wonderful Sabbath tomorrow. I know we will!
Love to all, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: The days started off dastardly as I had forgotten to turn the alarm off on my phone last night. It went off at 5:45 and it was lying on the dining room table. So I had to stumble to it and shut it off. Went back to bed and finally got up at 8. Only had one other nap the rest of the day!!
I didn't get to help the Ericksons move at all. Offered to help move some of the things over from their building to ours, but they didn't want the help. Ended up taking the cart I brought home to move some thing with back to the office so we would have an empty back seat in the car tomorrow for riders.
Stopped at the Post Office to see if we could purchase money orders there. They said we could, but they would only take cash or a debit card as payment. The Mission Card we have is a credit card, so it won't work. I talked to President Clayton about it and told him I was going to call Salt Lake and suggest that I write myself a check for about $3500 and put it in our checking account. Then when I needed the money order for a rental deposite I would get the money order using my debit card. He said that sounds like a great idea to him and that he would support that. So Monday I'll call Salt Lake and see what they think. They suggested we buy the money order from a local vendor such as Walmart or the Post Office. The bank will not give us one. However Walmart doesn't sell money orders in Canada and the others all want cash or a debit card. Maybe they'll send me a debit card that I can use. We'll see.
Talked to Salt Lake Friday about the check depositing issue at the bank. They are going to take care of that problem by opening a new deposit account for us at another branch of the bank. They said they would sign a third party agreement with them and that would take care of the problem. The lady said it would take about 2 weeks to get the account opened and materials to us because one of the people who must sign the paperwork is on vacation until November 30th. I would think they would have a alternative plan when something like that happens, but so be it.
Been a nice restful day for the most part. Looking forward to the temple dedication tomorrow. Don't know if we are having Munch 'n Mingle tomorrow.
Everyone have a great Sabbath. Love to all, and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment