Sunday 22 November 2015

November 22, 2015

Bonnie:  I want to get started on the blog early tonight. We've had a wonderful day, especially with the dedication of the Montreal Temple. What a beautiful experience. It was nice to get home early, too. After dropping Belinda off we were home about 2:15! That gave me time to cook dinner! And now, I'm anxious to get our Christmas stuff up. I've looked through it and am pleased with what the previous sisters left here. I may need to buy a tree skirt, but other than that I have some nice things. Well probably do the tree next week-end. I normally wouldn't do it this early, but it is after Thanksgiving here. Next Saturday I want to have 6 missionaries over for an "American" Thanksgiving dinner. They'll have to enjoy it with Christmas stuff up, though. And I won't be able to have all of the homemade food I would at home. I will do my stuffing and mashed potatoes and the rest will be from the grocery store bakery!
I hope tonight to solidify some Christmas arrangements. That way I can approach President Clayton with what we would like to do. What is complicating our plans is that MLC is two days after Ed's Memorial Service in New Martinsville. We will have to be back in Canada for that.
I want to close by writing that I'm so thankful for my Savior and the way back to Him, which includes our beautiful temples. How blessed we are! May we all remember and take advantage of this huge tender mercy in our lives.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: While I have been reading Bonnie has started turning the apartment atmosphere into Christmas. It's like the little child in her is coming out! I like what she has done so far and I know it will be much nicer by this time next weekend.
Today has been relaxing. We picked up Belinda for church, but no one else called for a ride. And there was no Munch 'n Mingle today. There weren't as many YSA there today as usual and there were several people I have not seen before. Elder Perkins, who toured our Mission this week, led us in the Hosanna Shout at the end of the rededication. He told us he had a speaking assignment in the 3rd session. President Clayton's brother, L. Whitney Clayton, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy, spoke in the session we watched. President Eyring read the dedicatory prayer and he was scheduled to speak in the 3rd session.
Well, I'll be contacting Vertica tomorrow about the lease and Salt Lake about the check for our debit account. We'll see how those 2 items turn out. Got all the young missionary's apartments lined up except for one in Ajax. We have an offer to rent submitted, but they have not called us back.
Better close for now. Hope everyone had a blessed Sabbath. Love to all and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment