Thursday 26 November 2015

November 26, 2015

Bonnie:  Happy American Thanksgiving, everyone! We got home from our delicious dinner at the Erickson's with the Cannon's and Laura about half an hour ago. We're both tired tonight (maybe it's the turkey we ate!) and will get to bed early. Tomorrow is Black Friday here in Canada as well as the US! I really don't want to go out shopping tomorrow but may have to because I need two pies for Saturday night and one for Munch and Mingle on Sunday. It's a birthday Sunday which is once a month so there will be a dessert. This month it is pumpkin pie, courtesy of the Senior Advisor couples. I'm a little afraid to go to Costco tomorrow! We'll have to see what happens. Saturday, after we feed the missionaries, we'll be going back to Erickson's for games and munchies with the other senior couples who live here on  Silver Maple Court. It will be a very fun evening I'm sure.
Today was kind of hectic because the Cannon's came to the office to get a feel for what they will be doing, then a couple of missionaries were also there all day, working with Laura. Then, some other missionaries came by after a temple session to pick up supplies. Bob had some things come up, so instead of leaving at 4, we left about 5:15, just in time to make it to dinner at Erickson's. Never a dull moment! But, it's a good kind of busy!!
Again, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving today, and that all of us can ever be grateful for everything we have. I know the Lord has poured out blessings upon Bob and I while we have been here, trying our best to serve him as best we can. May we all count our many blessings!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Continuing the job of cleaning up things in my office. Slowly but surely I am finding a place for everything. My desk is almost empty and you can see the top of the credenza too. Some things came up after 4 so I had to leave a few papers out so we could leave and get to dinner. Tomorrow I will try and get it all cleaned up. It's only been about 6 months getting out from under everything.
This is the first Thanksgiving in years I haven't seen any football or taken a long afternoon nap. Feels a little strange actually.
Had an offer accepted for another apartment today. Have an offer in on another apartment for a Senior Couple. Will find out about that apartment tomorrow.
Had a visitor from Guelph today. His son owns an apartment that Sisters stay in. They want to remodel that and sell it so they are offering to rent another apartment to the Sisters. It sounds like it will be a better location for the Sisters. I think they will be moving around the first of the year.
Well I'm going to go to bed. Seems like I get less and less sleep as the week goes along and then on Saturdays I am barely able to get up by 8:00. I may be forming a bad habit there.
Love to all, and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment