Friday 27 November 2015

November 27, 2015

Bob: We planned on leaving the office early today, but I got a call before we were leaving and ended up staying till almost 6. Thankfully we didn't have to stop at the grocery store. It took a while to get home as the traffic was terrible tonight. Trying to make a left turn sometimes took 2 or 3 lights.
We finished up the Pizza Hut pizza tonight. It hit the spot in my opinion.
Took the Assistants with me today to remove an old couch and broken drown dresser from their apartment. We had to get a flat fixed on the trailer before we could use the trailer. Stopped at the Master Mechanic shop where I had my oil changed. They pulled out a nail and plugged the hole. Then they didn't charge me for that.
There was a light rain the entire time we were gone. We managed to stay mostly dry though. After dumping the things at the city dump I stopped to sign the lease for the new apartment. However, the person who had the file wasn't there. They suggested I stop on Monday! Sent her an email to call me to arrange the signing.
Took the Mission's new van with our cargo trailer and went to the trailer sales where I bought the raised receiver. In my opinion the receiver was about an inch or so too high. The owner wasn't there when I got there so I explained to the guy working there that I wanted to get a receiver that was a little lower. He agreed that the one we had was too high. We found one that we thought would work so he started to change the ball. At that time the owner showed up and we began talking about whether I could pull a small trailer with our Avalon. Anyway the other guy put the new receiver on and hooked the trailer back up while we were talking. When we came back from looking at the 2 small trailers he had the worker gave him a list of things I had gotten. The owner said we'll just trade you receivers and only charge you for the 4 lock pins, a total of $12.00. So I paid the bill and we were getting ready to leave when I remembered the safety cable was damaged. I showed it to the owner and he made me up a new one and didn't charge me for it.
Right now I am listening to the Les Miserables - 10th Anniversary Concert. It is so unbelieveable. There are so many good songs. I am anticipating my favorite, "Bring Him Home".
We finished the laundry earlier and now the First Mate is doing some serious work in the kitchen getting ready for the turkey dinner tomorrow evening. The bread for the dressing has been shreded and now she is working on the potatoes. The pies and rolls are on sitting on the dining table. We are expecting 6 missionaries for the dinner.


Bonnie:  Yes, I used both my special potatoe recipe and my special stuffing recipe as well for our "American" Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. The problem is they don't taste as good as they usually do back home. Oh, well. I hope the missionaries think it tastes ok. Basically tomorrow I will just clean the house and put up our little tree and a few other Chritsmas things. I'll put the turkey in about 2:30 or 3. I just have to worry about the gravy, vegetables and a small veggie tray. Easy!! I actually enjoy entertaining when I have the time! I want to talk to the rest of my kids, too, and wish them a late Happy Thanksgiving.
I hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday. We love and miss you!
Love, Mom/Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment