Sunday 29 November 2015

November 29, 2015

Bob: It has been a good Sabbath Day. I am only aware of a few mistakes I made today, but the biggest one was upgrading to Windows 10. I have been trying to recover files and get things back to normal since. If there was a way to reverse this I would do it. So consider this a warning if you are tempted to upgrade. Microsoft is tyring to make their software look like their worthless phone. That's another thing I would never pay for, a Microsoft phone.
The weather started off in the 20s but got up to the 30s. Still not very warm for us old folks. Thankfully there is no white stuff on the ground to worry about.
I see that Magnolia won their playoff game yesterday so they will play on Wheeling Island Saturday night playing East Hardy in the state final. Good luck Blue Eagles! Magnolia beat Williamstown 13-7 and East Hardy romped over St. Marys 36-19. Magnolia had beaten Williamstown earlier in the season and they beat St. Marys on their field by about 20. So it could be a close final that goes either way.
Bonnie is on the phone with Jeff's family I think. Talked to Scott earlier. She just rotates as she can't call everyone in one evening. We have tried to Skype, but just can't seem to get it to work very well. Another good Microsoft product.
Sacrament was really good today. One of the young men told the story about Tom taking a whipping in school for a little guy. The chapel was really quiet and I saw the Bishop wiping his eyes. Of course the talk was about what the Savior has done for us. Very good talk and very emotional.
Better hop off here and get to bed. Love to all and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I have been able to do alot this Sabbath Day. The tree is up, with another set of lights on top of the original set, which don't work. We didn't even put up all of the ornaments that were left for us. It's just enough for our apartment. I am happy with it. I've been able to talk to three of my children to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. And my next project is to get things ready to mail for Christmas.  I'm making headway tonight!
It will be a busy week ahead, with both Transfers and MLC in one week. I  hope I have enough supplies ordered. I'm never sure about it. And the packages keep mounting. I pray that they all get delivered in time so we can get them out to the missionaries by next week at Zone Conferences.  It will be heartbreaking if they don't get here in time!
I really enjoyed Sacrament Meeting. As Bob has mentioned, a young man told one of my favorite stories. I think it's called "He Took My Lickin' For Me". Aren't we grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ who did in fact take our lickings for us? I know I am. I hope your Sabbath has been inspiring, even a "revelatory experience" as Elder Perkins taught us when he was here. I love you all.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment