Tuesday 9 June 2015

June 9, 2015

Bob: Another normal day. Work by 8:30 and home at about 9:45. Went to Institute tonight at the Mississauga Ward and then had a meeting with the Elders and Sisters in that Ward. They are going to contact all they can find on the list that we have. They said it would not be a problem! We shall see as time marches on.
After our meeting we stayed to see a young man open his mission call. He is going to California-Ventura Mission on November 4th. It takes several months to get a visa and in the letter it said his assignment might change due to visa restrictions. There were several YSA adults there to see him open the call and also someone by video. His mother was working so he was waiting for her and that made it pretty late.
Weather has been pleasant without any rain today. We left Mississauga at about 9:30 and it was still light enough to see out. Getting dark later and later here.
Got a call from Sister Cambridge of the Temiskaming Branch and now I have to find a reason to go up there. I mentioned it to President Clayton and he said I bet you take a fishing pole with you. I replied I promise not to take one with me, but I can't promise anything else. His wife said what he doesn't know won't hurt him. I want her on my team.
Hope everyone is doing well. Would appreciate someone letting us know what is going on with our granddaughter, Hannah. Could use some news on the other grandchildren too.
A scripture we want to share with the YSA is Mosiah 2:41. It reads: "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." --There is a great promise in that scripture.
Love to everyone.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: We left about 7:30 this morning, not 8, because we knew we would be going to Institute tonight. I'm resigned to the fact that there will be no "short" days on our mission! We feel much better about our assignment after talking to Bishop Finnigan last night and meeting with the missionaries tonight. This will be something that we can do. The hard part for me is setting up all of the interviews. It seems impossible to find a time during the day to call and text the young people. I know I have the Mission President's approval to take the time, but it gets crazy sometimes and I feel like I can't stop what I'm doing.
I received two referrals today, one in the mail and one on the phone. It really makes me happy when I can find some missionaries to visit people who want to hear more about the gospel. The missionaries were so eager to help us, too, with our assignment to reactivate the YSA. What wonderful young adults we have. The future of the Church is in good hands!

Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment