Tuesday 23 June 2015

June 23, 2015

Bob: Got an early start this morning so I wouldn't be too late. Left at 7:30 to stop at the storage shed to get a couple of mattresses to take to sisters in Cobourg, which is 2 hours away. To get to the mattresses I had to climb over a couch and a dining table. Then I had to wrestle around some box springs and other mattresses to get the two I wanted. When I finished I had my tie off and was soaked with sweat. Not my ideal way to start the day.
Went to the office and printed a map of where I was going. Then I called the sisters and a set of elders that I had to drop something off to on the way. Got out of the office and on my way about 9:10. With dropping off a mirror and ironing board to the elders I finally arrived in Cobourg about 11:30. Had to take 2 desks and new beds in to their new apartment first and load the old beds they had. Then we went to the old apartment and brought everything out of it except the piano!! Would love to know the piano story. Finally got everything loaded and left Cobourg about 3:30. Headed straight for the dump in Brampton.
The sisters are not allowed to be in their apartment with me so they carried everything in and out of their apartment. I think they carried out at least 2 occasional chairs and one triple dresser. Plus there were old bicycles. I got to the dump at about 5:30 and dumped everything. It took me about 45 minutes to get the truck and trailer emptied. A girl at the dump helped me lift the heavy things and throw them in the dumpsters.
Got to the office at little after 6. We ate some warmed up chili and worked till 9. Stopped to get gas at a station that is about 10 cents a liter cheaper than everyone else. Then we washed the car. Got home at 9:40. Final apartment closing for the month is tomorrow, but I can't even start it till in the afternoon. Might not get home till midnight tomorrow night.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying your summer.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I was the only one in the office today because the Erickson's were at a zone conference. I had plenty to do and the day went fast. It's  hard coming home so late, but at least we're doing something worthwhile.
The thought of going to bed is very enticing right now, so I'm signing off. Sweet dreams, everyone!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment