Wednesday 10 June 2015

June 10, 2015

Bob: Another busy day and my desk still looks a mess. I think I'm going to buy another filing cabinet and just stuff everything in it at night. Should be able to fool people for awhile.
Headed to Brantford tomorrow to close an apartment. Brantford is west of Hamilton, which is the most western point on Lake Ontario just as you are turning north. Brantford is the hometown of Wayne Gretzky for all you hockey fans. Going to take Bonnie with me so we can a sister's slant on how clean to leave the apartment. Elder Gillen has warned me taking a sister might not be a great idea, but I'm willing to take the chance. Beside I want her to get away from the office for a little while. We'll get lunch away from work. In fact, we might go to Orillia Saturday and close another one. I'm not supposed to close it till the end of July, but the landlord called today and said if I could get it empty so she could paint it she would refund a month's rent. I don't think I have any other weekdays to go up there this month as I have 2 that I must close before the end of the month. That's one each for the last 2 weeks. Don't want to be away 2 days during the week.
Well, I think I'll let Bonnie have a change to add something. Wishing everyone the best.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: This will be short because I need to contact some young adults. It felt so good to get home tonight. Bob immediately turned on some Alan Jackson songs and we had one of our favorite meals--poor-man's spaghetti, garlic bread and some caesar salad. Tomorrow will be interesting if I go with Bob. We'll have to be sure it's ok with the other couple in the office.
It's been a day of tender mercies. We were able to return some money and credit cards to a missionary who had left them in the truck. And I finally got my supply order complete after talking to SL about it. Then, at the end of the day I received a call from a former missionary that needed some help with doing a baptismal interview in his ward, in Mandarin Chinese. Luckily, the APs were in the office and one of them speaks fluent Mandarin. I'm so glad they were there. It's not always the case!
May everyone have a great night and day tomorrow.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment