Wednesday 3 June 2015

June 3, 2015

Bob: Well our first MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) has come and gone. We got home around 8 PM. Things went pretty well except the waffles. The missionaries showed up all at once and so there was a long waiting line for the waffles. Sister Erickson had the duty of cooking today. We can trade off on that the next time except for Bonnie. She has to be at the front desk to handle order exceptions, etc. But she is the one that puts the orders together, so she does her part then. I am the one that didn't do a lot to get ready or help in the kitchen. Seems like the accountant is always running behind. Oh well, things are getting better. I just get side tracked by phone calls, etc.
Hope everyone had a great day. The weather is still in the low 60s here and it feels real good. And there are no mosquitoes either.

Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: MLC went better than I expected. It was so fun to see the missionaries come in! They are so fun and cute with each other. One sister routinely gives me a hug and I love it. We have a jar of candy, but to get a piece the missionary has to write down one tender mercy from the Lord. They put it on a sticky note and put it on the outside of the jar. At the end of the day I put them on a sheet of paper and in a plastic sleeve where they will be saved. The missionaries seem to be enjoying this. Next time we will be supplying the fixings for the waffles and hopefully Bob will be able to free himself up to do the cooking. Tonight I feel better than last night, even though we got home later. There is something about serving others and loving others that makes all the difference in how we feel. I love taking care of these young adults--they are like my kids!!
Now, if I can just figure out the paper work that goes along with all of the supplies, it will make the accountant much happier and me, too, in the process.

Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment