Friday 19 June 2015

June 19, 2015

Bob: Has been a pretty good day. Bonnie and I were the only ones in the office so there weren't as many interruptions as there normally are. The other couple was at a Zone Conference. They only had 38 cars they had to inspect! I took a receipt for 4 brand new Chevy Equinoxes today. Other than that, I was able to get some more things off my desk. The one problem I did have was at 5:00 I went out to hook the trailer up to the truck. Alas, someone had put a lock on the tongue of the trailer. Made a few calls and found the key to get the lock off. We finally got away from the office at about 6:00. Came home, ate, and off we went to do some shopping. I was looking for some pants and Bonnie some summer clothes. We only had time to visit Hudson Bay and neither of us found what we were looking for. Then we went to Walmart to get an expensive area rug. Found one that looks okay with everything, but I'm not sure the first mate likes the lay out of the room now.
Made out my first purchase order today. Called our salesman contact at The Brick, a local furniture chain. He told me what to put on the order and where to send it. Had to go to the website to pick out the items I wanted. So I filled it out and sent it off. About an hour later he called and said we had a problem. I had ordered a queen size mattress set when I wanted a king size. So I did it over and sent it off. The set is for the CES couple in our building. The total cost was slightly over 1800. Now you know where part of your tithing goes!!
Got to sign off. Getting up the usual time tomorrow so we can get out of here by 8:00 and arrive at Elk Lake at a reasonable hour.
My love to everyone. Hope things are great in your lives.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I now have a rug but I can't decide how to arrange everything. The room is long and Bob has his computer in the middle of it! I may change things around after a while.
So, we're off on a trip tomorrow back to our summer place Elk Lake. It would be a relaxing get-away if I didn't have to give a talk Sunday. Since it's Father's Day I may give part of the talk I gave in Lindon Third Ward. I talked a lot about my Dad in it.
(She's too tired to write anymore. She said good night and love to all.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm speaking in Father's Day as well. Guess we'll both be writing talks tonight!

    ReplyDelete