Sunday 7 June 2015

June 7, 2015

Bonnie: Well, it is official! I am now the "go-to" person who schedules appointments with Bishop Finnigan in our YSA ward. My phone number and email address were in the Sunday bulletin today. I pray I can keep both mission office and YSA assignments going at once!
Tonight was peaceful, thankfully. I called Chris, Scott and Shannan and left a message for Jeff. It was wonderful talking with my grandchildren. It really cheered me up. I've made a list of everything I need to do tomorrow so that will help me to sleep better. I won't be awake worrying about it!
We had a great fast and testimony meeting today. These young adults are wonderful and they have strong testimonies. It is important work to help those who are not coming to return to their Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm excited to part of it.
My love to all,
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: I agree with Bonnie. Testimony was very spiritual as one after another of the young adults got up and told how the gospel is blessing their lives. We met with Brother and Sister Beltran after church was over. They along with us are the assigned supervisors for the Mississauga Ward YSA. They can speak Spanish very fluently as they are from El Salvador. They'll contact the Spanish speaking YSA. We're going to divide the list and go from there. Haven't decided who gets the Chinese YSA!! I was told tonight by the young Elders assigned to that area that most of them do speak English.
Tonight was stake priesthood meeting. The building got full before the Stake President got up and had them open the overflow area. But in his comments he mentioned the many that weren't there. Was a good meeting. Stake President pointed out that no matter how much is said, the doctrine will not change; individuals will be what changes.
Hope your Sabbath day and fast went well. Love to all.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment