Sunday 14 June 2015

June 14, 2015

Bob: It has been a quiet Sabbath day. Got to sleep in this morning and take a nap before dinner. How relaxing. We're gong to need the rest as this is transfers week. So we will have some extra work to do. We each get to speak to the new missionaries Tuesday morning during their orientation. I'll talk to them about their debit cards and phone usage for calling and texting. I'm not sure what Bonnie will mention. She can explain below.
It's just after nine here and it's still daylight outside. The day has been overcast and rainy. Besides transfers this week I will have to pay rent for all our apartments. Went through it once with Elder Gillen. I have some notes and remember it takes a while to enter everything. Will get started on it tomorrow. Also, I need to find an outlet other than the garbage dump for our excess furniture. Our storage hut is clear full. We need to move some things out before we can get to the back of it. And I still have 2 apartments to close down this month. Trying to make arrangements to close the one Sudbury next weekend. Don't know if that will work out.
We forgot to take our camera with us yesterday. Will try to get some more pictures the next time we go to another town.

Bonnie: We'll also include pictures of our apartment when it's finished. We are trading couches with another senior couple this week. And then we have to buy a rug. Bob found a large painting of a fishing cabin in some woods that we will put up in our dining room. It's becoming more and more like home to me.
Today, I didn't get to go to Sunday School or Relief Society because I was helping YSAs get in to see the Bishop. There were several young adults who wanted to see the Bishop that had not made an appointment. It worked out ok, though. It's hard to communicate with them sometimes.  They don't always respond in a timely manner! Oh, well. It's turning out to be easier than I thought it would be.
Bob mentioned Transfer Week. I think that I will talk to the new missionaries about writing clearly on their baptism and confirmation records and having the correct address! I send out a baptism packet to each new member with a signed letter from the mission president. I've had three returned because of incorrect addresses. Because these missionaries will be a bit apprehensive and won't have had much sleep the night before, I plan on telling them that they are part of the greatest generation of young adults, as Elder Ballard put it in his conference talk, and that they can do hard things and be successful missionaries. That, and that I will do anything I can to help them do and be their best on their missions.
May all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow. We will be celebrating Bob's birthday! It will be great. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow night.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment