Saturday 6 June 2015

June 6, 2015

Bob: Got home late from grocery shopping last night and crashed on the couch. I think we have learned that shopping on Friday night is not a good idea. When I came to, it was time for bed. We were both tired and just forgot to update the blog.
Yesterday was a pretty normal day as far as leaving is concerned. We get there by 8:30 and leave close to 6:00. As far as office activities yesterday, there were a few problems. The biggest was we had an elder going home. I was told that one of my responsibilities is to make sure the departing missionaries have money in their account to pay for baggage fees for 2 bags. Well, the elder called me from the airport and said he didn't have any money to pay his baggage. When I explained that I had put money on his card he said that he left his card with the President! He didn't have a cell phone to call when he got to the check-in counter or I could have paid the fee over the phone. And he didn't have anymore money to make another call. So I got the 2 elders who dropped him off to go back and pay his baggage fees. Next problem is it took too long so they bumped him from that flight and put him on the next flight which delayed him by 2 hours. Monday we'll have to go over this baggage fee procedure.
Next problem was that an elder didn't have any money in his account! I looked at the historical entries to see if I could see a problem. At first it looked okay, but then the problem jumped out at me. In April we tried to deposit some money in his account. Then because of a transfer about 4 days later we needed to take the money back from him. Due to the monetary limit an elder can get in one month the amount we tried to add didn't go into his account, but the amount we took out processed the 1st of June. Thus his monthly allowance for June got cancelled out because of the amount taken out. Called SL to get it fixed yesterday, but they were shutdown because of Elder Perry's funeral services. Will take care of that on Monday now.
Saturday morning is about normal. Have about 12 hours of things to do and only about 8 hours to get it all done. I went to Home Depot, Walmart, and other places for some errands. Bonnie is doing the wash and cleaning. There is a barbecue at the Bishop's home tonight for all couples working in the YSA Ward. They are going to outline our duties and expectations. We'll see how it goes. We've been told that above all things the work at the office takes priority.
Yesterday we signed up for social security over the phone. We had planned on going to Niagara Falls to sign up at the Social Security office. When I called to set an appointment to go to Niagara they said they could do it over the phone. This was a real blessing that we didn't have to drive down there right now. Once we get our feet on the ground we can do that.
Our meeting with the YSA Bishop went pretty well. However, he has given us some extra work. He wants us to personally visit every YSA for the Mississauga Ward each month!! We were told there are about 40 young adults listed right now. Where is the time going to come from??
With that, I'll sign off for the night. God bless. Hope everyone is doing well.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: My special assignment is to schedule all of the YSA interviews with the Bishop. I have to give him my cell phone number and an email address so it can be put into the bulletin. This, along with all I have to do at the Mission Office! Today I prayed that whatever assignment I was given that the Lord would provide a way for me to do it. How I need an answer to that prayer! Then, of course, we will be trying to see all of the less-active YSAs in the Mississauga ward. I truly don't know when we will be able to do it, unless it's on Saturday and Sunday mornings. There won't be much time to cook dinner or do wash during the week. But, I know that the Lord is mindful of me and will provide a way. I'm so glad tomorrow is fast Sunday!
I hope everyone has a blessed Sabbath day tomorrow--I love you all!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment