Monday 15 June 2015

June 15, 2015

Bob: It has been a long birthday! Had a special lunch with everyone in the office plus President Clayton, his wife, and the 2 assistants. Bonnie provided the pizza and the Erickson's provided the dessert. It was very tasty.
Someone asked me how it felt to be celebrating another birthday. I told them I kind of like it. In fact, I would rather be celebrating my birthday than being a memory on my birthday!
Had 2 big tasks to get done at work today. Didn't realize it, but one of them should have been started on Friday. Anyway, after starting each one, and then restarting each one I finally got them done and got home at almost 9. Next month will be a lot better because I now have a better handle on what I need to do to pay rent on 124 apartments and close the prior month's accounting.
This has to be short tonight as we need to get to bed. Have a 7:30 meeting with the new missionaries in the morning. Not exactly sure what I am going to say to them, but I need to say something about phones and debit cards. As I see it, we have 18, 19 and 20 year olds away from home, maybe for the first time. And we are giving them a car, a phone and a debit card. How could anything go wrong, eh!! So I think I can come up with something.
May everyone we blessed to see the positive in life and to overcome the negative.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment