Sunday 7 February 2016

February 7, 2016

Bonnie:  We've had a wonderful Sabbath, beginning with the baptism of a great young man who has been studying the church for about 8 months. He'll be a wonderful addition to the ward. Sacrament meeting was awesome, as usual. The testimonies were powerful. We ran out of time again. Then afterwards as I was shepherding YSAs in to see the Bishop, I began talking to two women sitting in the foyer. It was hard to understand them but I found out that one, a member who is from Kenya, befriended the other woman on the bus. She, who is from Ethiopia, wants to know more about the church. She cannot read English so tomorrow I will get all of the Amheric materials off the shelves for the missionaries to teach her. I know we have a Book of Mormon in Amheric, which is the language in  Ethiopia. The Sisters need to teach her because she lives in a very restrictive place. The problem is that she is out of the Ward boundaries. The APs will have to figure out what we should do. The woman from Kenya is actually a "mid-single" and  her friend is not, which also complicates things. But, we'll be able to do something, I'm sure. I also met a young man from Laos today who will be seeing the Bishop next Sunday. We got home later than usual because we took Brother Su home today. He was one of the witnesses at the baptism. He is from China. I love interacting with members from all over the world.
Our discussion for tonight fell through unfortunately. Apparently he still  wants to talk to the Elders so that is the important thing. Tomorrow should be the beginning of a good week. Hopefully, it is the same for all of you reading our blog!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

PS I plan on calling all of my kids to wish them a Happy Valentines Day next Sunday. This time, they will have to be short conversations but that's ok with me this once!

Bob: It has been a good day. The baptism was great. My talk on the Holy Ghost went well. Sunday School class was short as everyone introduced themselves again. Priesthood got started late but went okay. We read lesson 48 from the Brigham Young priesthood manual. Then we broke into 4 groups and answered the questions in the end of the chapter. Munch 'n Mingle went okay although mac and cheese is not my favorite. I skipped that and then came home and raided the kitchen.
Looks like the Broncos pulled it off in the Super Bowl. Good for them. I didn't get to watch it, but I'll bet their defense played a great game. Wonder if Cam is still smiling????
I think we got the apartment for the Backus'. Problem now will be getting them some furniture real soon. Bonnie and I are going to give them our queen bed and take the king bed we were saving for them. The problem is scheduling the elevator to move the beds. I don't have a trailer to move anything right now as it is full of furniture. I will decide first thing in the morning what to do with those items.
Better get to bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment