Wednesday 17 February 2016

February 17, 2016

Bob: Another routine day most of the time. We are scrambling to try and get an apartment for a set of Cantonese missionaries by next Thursday. Found one today and our realtor is turning in an offer, but I am skeptical that the landlord will take it. He is expecting too much in my opinion and I struck several things out of the agreement. Realtor said that she would make it work though. We shall see.
Discovered another problem last night I will deal with tomorrow. In January I bought a pair of waterproof boots from one of the biggest retailers in Canada. Well last night just walking across a wet parking lot both of my feet got wet. So I stopped in tonight and told them I wanted to return the boots. Of course they asked if I had a receipt, which I do. So they told me to bring the boots and receipt back in tomorrow for an exchange. We will see how that goes as I don't think they will have any in my size. When I bought them they did not have many left. This may be another adventure.
I found out late yesterday that I can sign to have all the Vertica lease agreements terminated except one. Seems that one couple in 2011 struck out on their own and signed a lease. So Vertica is requiring their signatures to terminate the lease. Tried to get their information from Salt Lake, but that will take time and signatures on forms, etc. Called the CES Director on the area and he remembers them. Said he had their emails so he would send them our phone and address so they could contact me. So it looks like I can get the leases terminated. My plan is to terminate them when the present occupant leaves. Vertica thinks I am going to terminate all of them at the end of April. Not going to do that. We'll see how this all comes out later this spring.
Well it's time for bed. Hope everyone is doing well. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob
Storage shed now

Storage shed before


Bonnie: Today has been interesting in one respect. We had a visiting teaching appointment scheduled for tonight at 5:30, about 35-40 minutes away from the office. About 5:10 I called my partner and she said she lost track of the time and would be late. She picked me up about 5:30. On the way, we ran into bad traffic. I called our YSA sister that we had the appointment with. She said she had moved! I vaguely remember her telling me that.  We got her new address and were going to still visit, when she said she needed to walk her dog and go see her mother who is in the hospital. So, we decided to skip our visit tonight. We turned around and drove back to my apartment, this time on the city streets and not on the freeway where the traffic was still bad. I got  home about 7:00 to an empty apartment. Bob was doing some shopping and wasn't home yet. What an adventure!
The first thing this morning I had a phone call from a pastor who works at a Correctional Facility in Lindsay, Ontario. He requested 6 Books of Mormon and wanted a local contact. I called the local Branch President and he will take care of it. How exciting! He sounds like a very kind man. Then, Elder Cannon put up two of the shelves out of three today. It really makes a difference in how the room looks. The hard part is agreeing on what to put where. He and I have differing opinions about it! I'm sure it will all work out, though. Other than that, it was a peaceful day.
I hope that all of our readers have also had a peaceful day today!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment