Wednesday 24 February 2016

February 24, 2016

Bob: Transfers are finally over. Glad to get that done. Worked over tonight trying to get the bus passes and funding entries done, but the computer system shut down at 7:30 for maintenance. It looks like I may have to work over tomorrow night too so we can leave on Friday.
It's only 9:00, but I am not going to last long. Monday and Tuesday are just so long that come Wednesday I need to retire very early.
Weather turned terrible today. It snowed lightly and then turned to rain. Not much accumulation of snow but lots of slush everywhere. Hope tomorrow is better so Friday travelling will be possible.
I was standing out by Bonnie's desk today when her phone rang. She answered and it was a missionary on the line. I could hear her saying, "Now what was that? I can't understand you. Spell your name. Is that a 'B' or a 'V'? About that time she realized it was one of the Assistants "talking in tongues"! She said "You're in trouble now!" It was hilarious. She was intent on taking his message and struggling so hard to understand him. She'll have to come up with something to get even.
I am going to quit now and get ready for bed. Love to everyone and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: The APs are so funny and they do love to tease. I will have to think of something to get them back! It was a frustrating day because I couldn't figure out some things on the computer. I have three "projects" that I will need help with as part of my job in easing the burden on the APs so they can do more missionary work.
It was a very heavy and cold rain that fell today. Three of the Sister Missionaries came in to the office just drenched. They had to see Elder Erickson. And they had to go back out to their car to get something. We had them standing by the  heaters to get warm and a little bit dry, and also gave them some hot chocolate to drink. They had had a frustrating day, too, with cancellations, etc.
I received a call from an Area Seventy in Eastern Europe today. He has a friend who needs a blessing and wants the missionaries to do it. The problem is he does not have an address which means I have to call her. She has not answered the phone or called back. I don't know what else I can do. I will try again tomorrow morning.
Stay warm and dry, everyone! We love you!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment