Sunday 14 February 2016

February 14, 2016

Bonnie:  Happy Valentines Day, everyone! It's been a great day for us, especially because we have talked to many of our kids tonight. Everyone seems to be doing well or getting better anyway. I woke up to a lovely box of chocolates this morning and a beautiful card. That's a nice way to begin any day, but especially Valentines Day.
The  Bishop was very busy again today with appointments. There are always some last minute additions and changes. We  had a talk in Sacrament meeting by a young sister who will be  leaving for her mission soon. And there was also a talk by a member of a little more than 12 months. I loved what she shared about faith-- a simple story from her own life about saying a prayer with faith. She and her mother were shoveling some heavy snow for a neighbor, and they needed some help. She said a simple, faith-filled prayer, and knew the Lord would send someone. About a minute later, a stranger came up and took the shovel from her hands and said he would shovel the snow. He shoveled the whole driveway for them. She knew the Lord would answer her prayer, and He did.
I think that I need to have more of that kind of faith!
I  hope everyone has had a wonderful day today, with lots of Valentines!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Been a restful afternoon. We didn't get home from church until just past 5. Had 3 YSAs to drop off and one lives almost out by our office.
Church was good today. The Elder's Quorum Presidency has asked me to fill in occasionally for the teacher of the Melchizedek Priesthood preparatory class. I am willing to do that, but I really have second thoughts about the material they are using. They are using a paper written several years by a local member. It is good background, but I think we are trying to reinvent the wheel here. I have real concerns about this being church approved. Wanted to talk to the Bishop about this, but he was so busy we left thinking I could see at FHE tomorrow night. Then when we got home he texted Bonnie to cancel his appointments for tomorrow night because he won't be there. So I have to figure out something because they want me to take the class next week.
Another cold day in Brampton, but not as bad as  yesterday. Supposed to get better this week.
Talked to President Jakob in Temiskaming a little while ago. We are planning on going ice fishing the last Saturday of this month. He told me to see if I could borrow a pair of snowshoes and bring them with me!! This is sounding more like an adventure I might NOT want to experience.
Got to go to bed. Love to all. Good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment