Saturday 13 February 2016

February 13, 2016

Bob: Today was our coldest day yet, but we were able to survive. We went across the street so I could get a haircut, but had to schedule it for 2 1/2 hours later. So we decided to check out comforter sets at Sears and a couple other places. First Mate decided she didn't like the one we bought last night so we are taking it back. Found one at Sears we both agreed on, but she wanted to take the other one back to Walmart and look there first. She found the black and white one she wanted at Walmart however. So it all ended up well.
Went to the Budgett's tonight and spent the evening with 5 other couples. It was a fun evening except those of us from the office are a little jealous of the temple couples. They just had 2 weeks off from their assignments. Of the 2 couples there tonight one of them went to Disney World in Orlando and the other couple went to Houston to visit some relatives. I know that one other couple went to Boston and points east. We don't get such luxuries working in the office.
Getting ready for bed now although I had a nice nap earlier and I am not too tired at the moment.
Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I layered up for our trip outside today and I was fine! I talked to Elders from Val D'Or, north of us in Quebec. They said it was -45' Celsius there. They also said they were staying warm, and that they had permission to stay inside when it was below -40'. I'm glad about that!
I really like the comforter set we  have on our king-sized bed. I want to get two king-sized pillows, however. I don't want to pay very much for them so we will try Walmart and the Dollar Store next time we are out shopping. I will put them in the shams and we will continue to use our pillows from home to sleep with.
We  had an enjoyable time with the Budgett's and other Senior Couples tonight. We found out who were the best liars in the group (!) as we played a game where we had an odd word that we were to define. Only one of three people had the correct definition, and we had to guess who it was. I'm not very good at it, but it was fun. I made Red Lobster biscuits for it and there were lots of other yummy things to eat.
It looks like tomorrow will be a good Sabbath. We are taking only one YSA so far. We have offered a ride for Spencer tomorrow but he has not responded back to us. I will be making mashed potatoes for Munch and Mingle. It will be added to the fixings for Shepherd's Pie. When it's the  Bishop's wife's month for choosing the menu, it is always good!
May everyone have a very Happy Valentines Day tomorrow. All of us can use some extra love! Let's share our love with someone who really needs it, but especially our spouses and family!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment