Thursday 11 February 2016

February 11, 2016

Bob: One of my favorite cowboy songs. Heard it years ago at Heber City Cowboy Poetry festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1051L62nls0&list=PLqgpSzWudsY1FSNs5Iw1RGRbox9Plx6GM

(Red Steagall, "Born to Be a Cowboy") - Hope you like it.

Don't know what happened last night, but I must have hit the save button instead of the publish button. Thus you are getting 2 posts tonight.
Spent most of today helping the Backus' get moved. It was a hassle getting permission to use the elevator. Had to write a check for $200 in case we damaged the elevator. Finally got the go ahead and with the young missionaries we were able to get everything moved. Had to take the missionaries to an appointment at 5:00 so we couldn't stay and help them get everything put together. We got their bed set up though.
Today was our coldest day yet in Canada. When the wind blows it is down right cold. If we had a lot of snow right now it would be miserable. Thankfully we didn't get much of the white stuff today.
Going to let Bonnie finish up. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I went with Bob to help the Backus' move in. Everything went well, all things considered. The only thing that didn't get done was dry cleaning the comforter for their queen-sized bed. Tomorrow night we'll look for a king-sized comforter, bedskirt and shams for our bed. I hope I can find what I want for not too much money.
I guess one of my orders came in while I was with Bob today. That's great! Transfers are less than two weeks away. Supplies go fast that day. I need to be prepared. Tomorrow the  APs will be trying to teach me how to handle the Baptismal Lists. This is something I need to do from now on, I guess, to give them time to do the missionary work they love so much. I'm glad to do it. I just hope I can learn what they want quickly.
It looks like our coldest day yet will be this Saturday. I'm glad we will be spending that evening with the other Senior Couples here on  Silver Maple Court! May all of you be warm and safe tonight!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment