Thursday 4 February 2016

February 4,2016

Bob: Not real busy today, but accomplished quite a few things. The new couple is due in tomorrow and we don't have an apartment for them yet. My realtor had to go to the hospital with her parents today so we didn't get to go look at anything. Maybe tomorrow.
Took a set of missionaries and cleaned out the storage facility we are keeping. Hardly anything left in it. Only keeping things the missionaries are approved to have and anything the incoming couple might like. Other than that, everything is leaving. Going to Salvation Army, first come first serve, or the dump.
When I got home tonight I did the wash while Bonnie got her hair cut. Then she and I fixed the headboard on our bed. The sisters who lived here before us had it tied together with twine which has stretched. After I got everything off the bed I stood the headboard on its side and figured out how it goes together. It is okay now, but I'm going to get a couple more long bolts to put into where the headboard connects onto the frame. Then we should be as good as new.
Winter weather is still holding off, but it is much colder than the past couple of days. No snow in the forecast until next Monday, and that is 1 - 3 inches. Looks like I'll have to get the car washed again on Saturday!!
Well I'm hopping off. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob
Autumn at Blackwater Falls, Davis, WV

Bonnie:  Isn't that a pretty picture? It makes me want Fall back!!
I want to tell of a good experience I had with UPS last night. They are challenging to deal with because they tell me different things every time I call. So, I was told to call them last night and ask for the tracking number and how much money was due on a gift sent to a missionary. I was going to call his mother with the information. As I was talking to the gal on the phone, I explained that the package was a gift and if it was worth less than $60.00 Canadian then there should be no fees. She immediately wrote a new invoice up that required no fees on the package!! And she was very nice about it. This is the first pleasant experience I have had with UPS. The package came today!
Then, tonight we had a surprise. Our two APs knocked on the door, with our neighbor Spencer. They wanted a Book of Mormon for Spencer! We had a "barely-used" one that we gave to him. He said he had always wanted to read the Book of Mormon! Somehow the APs ran into him after dinner with the Erickson's. We had talked about him to the Elders before. Part of our problem is just seeing him because our schedules are different. Anyway, we will be having him over for a first discussion on Sunday night. I'm so happy about that! It's amazing to me that the Elders saw him and talked to him.
Well, we are both going to bed early tonight. And tomorrow we'll see what happens. I am hopeful that we can do something fun after a shorter day in the office.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment